Darker Matter Forums Forum Index Darker Matter Forums
Science Fiction Online

Main Darker Matter Site  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

His own self

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Avatar by Lou Antonelli
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou Antonelli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: His own self Reply with quote

I attended the Campbell Conference in Lawrence, Kansas, back in 2004, and one of the sessions I attended dealt with genetics. This isn't a subject I've dealt with before, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Also, I ran across a supposed Arab proverb that went: "Anything that happens once, happens once. Anything that happens twice, happens three times." That kinds poked me into action - heck if I know why - and the story rolled out.

Obviously, the locale is taken directly from where I live here in east Texas. It is a rather isolated area. Walter Miller was on the mark when he had Texarkana as being the kingdom that arises after World war III in "Canticle for Liebowitz".

Lou Antonelli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good story, with a good meaning and interesting perspective. I found the writing style choppy--certain phrases threw me out of the story where something didn't flow or things were a bit broken up. Not that I'm complaining. It was a good story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Avatar by Lou Antonelli All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: