Darker Matter Forums Forum Index Darker Matter Forums
Science Fiction Online

Main Darker Matter Site  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whoo wants to hear the full tapes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Douglas Adams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to hear the entire Douglas Adams 1979 tapes?
Yes - the whole thing unedited
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Yes - the whole thing edited to make it more listenable
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Yes - but just snippets of DNA talking
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not interested
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

darkerma
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Whoo wants to hear the full tapes? Reply with quote

OK - I'm starting to hear people saying they'd like to hear the entire tapes. So let's get an idea of how many people are interested. The tapes are long - 3 hours, roughly, in total, and are quite slow going. The interviewer (Ian Shircore) talks a fair bit, and Douglas's speaking style was slow and convoluted, and it can be hard-listening at times.

So, who's interested in hearing the whole thing, either unedited or judiciously edited?

Ben
Grnch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered just to vote in this poll. I would love to hear the whole tapes in their entirety, the 3 hour length is not an issue. I wouldn't really mind if they were edited either, as long as no significant bits were cut and both the interviewer's questions and Adams' responses were left in.
rucs_hack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas left so few interviews and lectures recorded that any material should be released.

I'd be happy to pay for a copy.
traal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: full interview Reply with quote

I'd love to hear the full unedited version too. Douglas's meanderings are all part of his style. Obviously, we haven't heard the tapes so don't know what slow and convoluted entails but I'd still like to hear the full interview.

I agree with rucs_hack, there are so few that the interview should be available for posterity. Especially as it has a fairly young DNA. If you feel you must do an edited version then why not make both available?

I'm looking forward to hearing it!
ol peculier

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please, all of it.

Agree wholeheartedly that material of this type should be kept, archived, loved and listen to not just for fans now, but of the future. Who knows the inspiration it may give to a budding new writer?

At least one that can ignore the rushing sounds of deadlines of course.

OP
Kaare

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I vote for both the unedited and the edited version?
I would _really_ like to hear the entire thing, but if I had an edited version, that would probably be the one I'd relisten to again and again after listening to the first readio show.
Danger

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Full Interview Reply with quote

I'd love to hear the entire interview in unedited form, with all the ums and ers left right where Douglas put them.
Wonton

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to hear the entire interview in either form. If you feel you can edit dead air time accordingly without removing any of DNA's comments then so be it. Personally I would prefer the unedited version but I understand the need for parring it down. If you need to edit, edit out the meandering interviewer, but don't edit out any of DNA ramblings (they are priceless).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Douglas Adams All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: