Darker Matter Forums Forum Index Darker Matter Forums
Science Fiction Online

Main Darker Matter Site  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Addiction at its Best/Worst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> The Connection by Bud Sparhawk and Ramona Wheeler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glec

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Addiction at its Best/Worst Reply with quote

You have to love a story about denial. Yeah, there's alcohol and drugs, but who is willing to admit an addiction to electronic devices (or for that matter, almost anything.)

I, however, would have liked it more had the authors taken this to a little more destruction - say a week's worth of power outage. What can I say. . . I used to smoke!

Glec
precinctomega

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this. I didn't twig the significance of the hours though: from the time you clocked off, over the weekend, to the time you clock back on again.

I have a background in HR and I think getting your employees addicted to their work must be the professional wet dream for HR worldwide.

My one gripe would have been to ask for more context: to see how she interacts with her family, her partner, her friends and to get an idea of how new the Connection is (whilst keeping the lovely twist all neat for the conclusion, of course). The pace could have been increased from a somewhat lower-key beginning, then.

But all the same, a lovely piece of work. Under-rated at the moment, I think.

R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> The Connection by Bud Sparhawk and Ramona Wheeler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: