Darker Matter Forums Forum Index Darker Matter Forums
Science Fiction Online

Main Darker Matter Site  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generation Spaceships by I. E. Lester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Issue Five
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkerma
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Generation Spaceships by I. E. Lester Reply with quote

What did you think of this article?
anonymous pedant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: The acceleration times are badly wrong Reply with quote

It doesn't take anywhere near 'days' for a constant 10g acceleration to reach 59000 km/h, nor 'months' to reach 5%c at 1g.
I.E. Lester

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Calculations apology Reply with quote

Dear Anonymous Pedant,

You are quite correct in this, and thanks for not being scathing in pointing it out.

When I originally wrote this article I was basing this part of the text on gradual accelerations to near light speed. The figures mentioned were caculated on this basis.

As the article developed I tied this section into previous sections of the text (Voyager and Methods of Propulsion) and changed the text, but failed to change the duration calculations.

In this changed paragraphs I should have changed these to minutes (for 10g) and a matter of days for the 1g.

I have corrected the article in my files accordingly...

I.E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Darker Matter Forums Forum Index -> Issue Five All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: